Applying for a Place

Bug HuntingApplying for a Place

If you would like to apply for a place at St Mary’s then please do not hesitate to contact the School Office to see what spaces we have available in each year. The head teacher is happy to give you a personal tour of the school and introduce you to the exciting opportunities and teaching available at St Mary’s. Your child is very welcome to come and view the school with you.

Applications for school places in Reception Year, the first time you apply for a school place,  must be made via your child’s home authority. So, if you live in East Sussex, you must apply through East Sussex County Council. You can do this by clicking here. If you live in one of the neighbouring counties – eg Kent, then you should apply through your County Council. You can apply to Kent County Council by clicking here, and Surrey County Council by clicking here. Please do not hesitate to contact the school office if we can be of any assistance.

If your child is transferring from one school to another we would be delighted to hear from you. Please contact the school office to confirm if we have space available in your child’s year group and we will advice you on the nest steps to take. These applications are made directly to East Sussex County Council.

More information on our Admissions Criteria can be found in the Policies and Documents section of the website.